Xiaomi phones usually run on MIUI, which is Xiaomi’s custom ROM but MI A1 is the fist device from Xiaomi which has stock android, that simply means you are getting pure android features and UI in this device.
This partnership between Xiaomi and Google also promised that the A1 device will get regular security updates and the Android O and Android P will also be made available to the Xiaomi MI A1.
That being said, since you are on stock android you won’t get things like battery percentage as the stock android doesn’t show this to anyone but the feature is actually there.
NOTE: You don’t need to install any app or software for this, just perform these little steps that we are going to list down below.
Show Battery Percentage on Xiaomi MI A1
Before we proceed, please note that this at the time of writing this, the feature is there and it may get vanished with the upcoming updates. So, if it’s not working for you then it probably may been discontinued, however, we will keep you updated from time to time.
Just follow these simple steps and you are good to go.
- Unlock you MI A1 device as you usually do.
- Now, bring down the notification panel.
- On top of this notification panel you will see “Settings” gear icon. Wait, don’t press it before reading the next step.
- Now, press that settings gear icon for 10 seconds, make sure it’s at least 10 seconds or you will have to do it again.
- After the 10 seconds have passed, just release the icon.
Now, when you release the icon, it will open settings menu and a pop up notification will be shown which will read something like “Congrats, System UI Tuner has been enabled”.
This is what we wanted because that feature to show battery percentage is in this one. Now, to enable the battery percentage in your MI A1 android phone, follow these 3 more steps.
Enable Battery Percentage in Xiaomi MI A1
We have enabled the System UI tuner and now it’s time to enable the battery percentage indicator on our Xiaomi A1. Let’s do this.
- Open setting and scroll to then bottom of settings menu.
- You will now see an option “System UI Tuner” which wasn’t there before enabling system UI tuner, but it’s here now just above the “About Phone” option.
- Open “System UI Tuner” and then click on “Status Bar” option.
- Once you open “Status Bar” option, scroll to the bottom and you will see Battery, click on it and choose “Always show percentage“.
- Congrats, now you Xiaomi MI A1 will show battery percentage all the time.
This is the only and simplest way to show battery percentage in Xiaomi MI A1 without installing any third party app. Hope it helped you.