Police scanner apps are the best way to scan the police radio, listen and read their feed and know everything happening around with the help of police scanner app. For android there are various scanner radio apps but here we are going to list the best police scanner apps for free available for android phones on the app store.
There are a lot of things that can be done with the help of free police scanner app, for example, you can listen to the radio station, rescue, fire and other feeds. More and more channels are being added on these scanner apps for you to provide better feeds.
Best Police Scanner Apps for Free
Let’s have a look at the best and topmost police scanner apps for free that actually works.
1. Police Scanner
It has a lot of features to offer in this free police scanner. It allows you to listen to police radio scanners from around the world, it is not limited to only place, regions like the USA, Canada, Germany, UK, Italy, Japan, and Austria are available in this police scanner. More channels are always on their way with the new updates.
It provides feeds from real channels. As per this android app, it has more than 3000 feeds for you.
2. Scanner Radio
One of the highest rated police scanner apps for free on android. With an average rating of 4.4, this becomes one of the most loved police scanner app as well.
Comparing between the police scanner and scanner radio app, then this one if better than the previous one offering you live feed from over 6300 police and fire scanners.
Have a look at some of these features of this free police scanner app:
- View scanners that are located nearest you, sorted by distance.
- View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners (updated every 5 minutes).
- View list of scanners added most recently (new additions are being added all the time).
- Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
- Browse the directory of scanners by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, railroad, etc).
- Enable notifications to be notified when lots of people (such as over 3500, for example) are listening to any scanner (indicating that something big is happening). You can also be notified when scanners located near you (or specific scanners of your choosing) have more than a certain number of listeners and when new scanners are added.
- Add Scanner Radio widgets and shortcuts to your home screen for quick access (app cannot be installed on SD card to access them).
- Add a “Scanner Radio Favorite” shortcut to your home screen to launch a scanner feed via an alarm clock app or automation app.
- Listen to Broadcastify.com’s audio archives to listen to audio that’s been archived over the past 6 months Note: You *must* have an account on Broadcastify.com and purchase their “Premium Membership” ($15 for 6 months) in order to access their archives using the app.
- Supports Android Auto.
All these features are enough to tell you that why this is one of the best police scanner apps for free.
3. HD Radio Police Scanner
There is one thing that you will love about this scanner app and that is the UI, it makes you feel like you are a cop, shows an image of walkie-talkie.
A good app but we would recommend the above mentioned if you were to download the app.
4. Police Scanner X
It has got better ratings than the scanner radio app, an average of 4.5 which is quite good. With the Police Scanner X you can listen to Police/Fire/Radio Scanners from around the world for free.
Have a look at some of the highlighted features of this police scanner app:
- Free to use
- Thousands of feeds.
- Average rating of 4.5
- Auto resume last police scanner radio station.
- Custom stream player for faster scanning and playback.
- Battery saving stream player.
It is one of the best police scanner apps for free. You must give it a try.
All these apps that we have mentioned are some of the best police scanner apps that actually works, you can literally listen to the live police radio stations, fire and rescue feeds for free.